Yoga Immersion and 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Certification
“Seventeen years experience training Cincinnati’s best yoga teachers.”
It’s Yoga of Cincinnati’s 200-hour RYT program focuses on training yoga students who have an established practice experience with any yoga style or a recommendation from their yoga instructor. Upon completion of the Yoga Teacher Training program, trainees receive a 200-hour It’s Yoga Cincinnati Certification, enabling them to become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT 200) with the National Yoga Alliance.
This training program teaches students how to teach the traditional styles of Ashtanga/Vinyasa using a Modified Primary Series, as well as how to teach a classical Hatha style. Our program of study focuses on:
- Anatomical postural alignment
- Kinesiology – study of muscles relative to body & joint mobility
- Effects of postural deformities
- Facilitated stretching to prevent muscle injury
- Verbal & physical body adjustment techniques
- Raja Yoga – philosophy, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, & Sanskrit terminology
- Asana pronunciation in Sanskrit & correct English translations
- Pranayama techniques, Ujjayi breathing, Drishti & Bandhas
- Yoga Tradition – history, lifestyle, gunas, meditation, chakras, mantra etc.
- Class assisting, practice teaching & class observation
- Psychology of teaching, ethics & marketing
Other program highlights include the study of different meditation and pranayama techniques along with yoga philosophy and Sanskrit terminology with an experienced traditional teacher trained in an unbroken yoga lineage. Kinesiology is studied to understand the range of movement for specific joints and muscles in order to perceive the differences between compression, tension and muscular imbalance. A comparative study of alignment and postural deformities teaches prospective yoga teachers how to help their students prevent injuries while balancing muscle flexibility with strength. Class observation, assisting and teaching public classes gives new teachers experience and confidence in their teaching skills.
All of It’s Yoga’s classes during the RYT 200 program are free for trainees. We encourage class participation to expose trainees to a variety of yoga class styles and teachers. Students are guided by two detailed workbooks presenting yoga theory and technique. The theory book covers the history of yoga, postural theory, technique of stretching, subtle anatomy, meditation, and pranayama, etc. The technique book provides an in-depth examination of the key yoga postures, outlining for each one its alignment, benefits, counter-indications, modifications and Sanskrit/English names. Both manuals were written by Indubala Bhardwaj, the founder of the program. In addition to these workbooks, the first two chapters of The Yoga Sutras by Patanjali are explained with reference to the original Sanskrit. Study of the book Moola Bandha: The Master Key adds a discussion of the primary energy locks and the five prana vayus, the key to asana energy pattern awareness. Textbooks are included in the price of tuition.
The 200-Hour RYT Training program is held twice a year. The annual 9-month program starts on the second weekend of September and continues meeting monthly on the second weekend up through May. The Summer Intensive begins in mid June and ends in late July. This intensive program meets approximately six days per week.
2016/2017 RYT 200 Teacher Training Dates
Five Week Summer Intensive
June 10 – July 16, 2017 six days per week with Saturdays off.
Cost:$2,600 for 200 hour RYT program. Includes unlimited yoga pass during program.
Contact Us or Call 513-324-4654 to request an application packet for our yoga teacher training program. Or you can download it here: 200 hr Teacher Training Application Packet 2017
One Weekend A Month Program
Cost:$3,000 for 200 hour RYT program. Includes nine month unlimited yoga pass.
A $500 deposit will hold your spot. Balance due the first day of training. Payment Plans Available
It’s Yoga Cincinnati Teacher Training Dates
|Sept. 8 – 10, 2017||Oct. 13 – 15, 2017||Nov. 10 – 12, 2017|
|Dec. 8 – 10, 2017||Jan. 12 – 14, 2018||Feb. 9 – 11, 2018|
|Mar. 9 – 11, 2018||Apr. 13 – 15, 2018||May 11 – 13, 2018|
*Please Note : The first weekend is all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The remaining weekends are Friday night and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
Suggested Reading for RYT 200
- Dynamic Yoga – by Godfrey Devereux
- Yoga, The Spirit & Practice of Moving into Stillness – by Erich Sciffmann
- The Heart of Yoga – Developing a Personal Practice – by T.K.V. Desikachar
- The Breathing Book, Good Health & Vitality Through Essential Breath Work – by Donna Farhi
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Yoga of Light – by Hans-Ulrich Reiker
- Moola Bandha – The Master Key – by Swami Buddhananada
- Beyond The Mind – by David Frawley
- Conquest of Mind – by Swami Sivananda
- Science of Yoga (volume 6) – by Sri Swami Sivananda
- Yoga, Immortality & Freedom – by Mircea Eliade
- Yoga The Iyengar Way – by Silva, Mira & Shyam Mehta
- Teaching Yoga, Exploring The Student Teacher Relationship – by Donna Farhi
- Trail Guide To The Body, How to Locate Muscles Bones and More – by Andrew Biel
- Anatomy of Movement – by Blandine Calais-Germain & Andree Lamotte
It’s Yoga Teacher Training Graduates